My TNT2 has turned on me

G

I have a Diamond V770 Ultra (AGP) board in my PII-400, 256Mb RAM, Hansol 710D 17" monitor, Windows 98. I have played around with the overclocking features available with the Detonator drivers (it was an unreleased V6.67) and CoolBITS, but never beyond what the card was capable of. The other day when I was enjoying some game play action, the computer screen distorted majorly and then went back as it was. I quit the game and found the desktop all messed up - icons at the sides compressed horizontally, but not vertically (no problems in the middle of the screen). The computer doesn't have heating problems as it's full of fans. When I play games now it is like you are going round in a circle when you move horizontally. Has anyone any suggestions as to what's going on here and how it can be fixed? Is my TNT2 fried?

G

did you turn everything back to the default specs and see how it looks?

G

I've reset the monitor and that didnt help. Putting the monitor refresh to default helps, but it screws with my head. I've tested it with another video card I got my hands on and the same thing happens, so the monitor is going to need replacing I think...and the frickin' thing is only 5-6 months old!!! I shall demand a replacement.