[SOLVED] My Toshiba mq01ubd100 is not connecting via usb

Aug 18, 2020
Hi.
I have a Toshiba mq01ubd100 1TB external hard drive. I use this as purely as a final back up so rarely gets used. I was transferring a lot of photos when it stopped and the blue light went out. Prior to this I had trouble connecting via the UBS. I now can't access the hard drive and files. The USB is connected to the board so I can't even replace the case. I am convinced it is a USB fault and not the hard drive but cannot figure how to connect the hard drive to another USB. Any help would be great as there are some sentimental photos I need to recover.
Kind regards

These PCBs usually have a small fuse near the USB connector. Can you show us a photo of your PCB?

In the worst case you can replace the PCB, but you will need to transfer the chip at IC602 from patient to donor. Hddparts-com offers a free firmware transfer service. In fact you can convert your drive to SATA by using a PCB from a MQ01ABD100, plus a firmware transfer.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020
These PCBs usually have a small fuse near the USB connector. Can you show us a photo of your PCB?

In the worst case you can replace the PCB, but you will need to transfer the chip at IC602 from patient to donor. Hddparts-com offers a free firmware transfer service. In fact you can convert your drive to SATA by using a PCB from a MQ01ABD100, plus a firmware transfer.

Hi. Thank you for your advice. Attached are a few photos. What would would you think is the best route to take? Thank you.