Question My UAC in Win10 isn't allowing me access. It rejects my Windows password every time. What do I need to do to get it to work again?

Nov 28, 2020
I've spent hours trying to figure out why I can't run things as the administrator, which I've done since I bought the Dell XPS8730 (none one else uses it). I can't even run Windows Defender or make any changes. Only Malwarebytes Premium works.

Nov 28, 2020
This is Win10 Pro. I don't understand the difference between local account and Microsoft account. I think it's the latter. I found a way, after spending 10 hours Googling, to disenable the god-awful UAC that kept popping up all the time. There's only one person who has access to my XPS8930, and that's me! I don't know how to get rid of the idiotic administrator/other user division. No one needs any privileges. There's only ONE user, one administrator. Period. Windows is making me want to throw up.

Ralston18

Titan
What other administrator and/or user accounts do you want to get rid of?

Open Powershell.

Run the following cmdlets:

Get-LocalUser

Get-LocalUser | Select *

The results should provide you with additional information about the available accounts and account configurations as Windows "sees" them.

Any surprises or anything different from what you expect?

If so then you will need to work that out on your end.

Forum rules prohibit assistance with bypassing, hacking, or otherwise circumventing security measures.

Colif

Win 11 Master
You are the only human user, there should be several other users on the PC that windows uses to carry out operations for you. These include System & TrustedInstaller, among a few. Its not a good idea to remove their access as windows won't work well.

Local user accounts are only created on that PC, they aren't always admin accounts unless made one after creation.

Microsoft Accounts exist both on PC and can be used online on the Microsoft website. If the user name and password works here, its an MSA - https://account.microsoft.com/account?lang=en-us&refd=www.google.com

if its an MSA, its possible your current user profile is corrupt,
there is a simple solution, make a local user account and use it.
make a new local account and make it admin - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10-20de74e0-ac7f-3502-a866-32915af2a34d
while logged into user that has problems, go to C:?users folder
copy the contents of the old users folder onto the new user, giving it full access to all files on PC now.
logon to new user, do you still have problems?
if it fixes problem, its easy enough to switch to new user and you can even link it to the same email address as 1st user if you wish. You shouldn't need to reinstall anything.