[SOLVED] My USB 3.0 port is not working properly.

pirveliv

Reputable
Dec 14, 2018
My laptops USB 3.0 port has 5MB/s download speed. I don't know why it is slow, but it's been like this for a while. I think after the motherboard was repaced by Acer (the graphic card had problems.) The laptop model is Acer Aspire E5-576G . If you can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Solution
I'd first make sure all your USB drivers are up to date - if intel, grab the Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver for good measure;

If its just one or a couple of USB drives having issues;
Jump into dev manager and check;
Go into the USB properties > polices and check - Better performance

Few months ago one of my intel NUCs had the same issue (2mb/s - USB 3.0), installed the latest BIOS update and working fine (I was 2 versions behind mind you)

If its still an issue after that and your warranty is done acer aspires are a common user laptop so you can google how to undo the base and make sure the connectors are secure (I'd tell you how, but its much easier to learn from seeing someone do it IMO) (if the tech who...
I'd first make sure all your USB drivers are up to date - if intel, grab the Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver for good measure;

If its just one or a couple of USB drives having issues;
Jump into dev manager and check;
Go into the USB properties > polices and check - Better performance

Few months ago one of my intel NUCs had the same issue (2mb/s - USB 3.0), installed the latest BIOS update and working fine (I was 2 versions behind mind you)

If its still an issue after that and your warranty is done acer aspires are a common user laptop so you can google how to undo the base and make sure the connectors are secure (I'd tell you how, but its much easier to learn from seeing someone do it IMO) (if the tech who replaced the motherboard didn't securely connect everything - you mentioned a gfx card issue)

Solution