[SOLVED] my usb ports arent working .. this includes my mouse and keyboard along with my hdmi to monitor ..

Nov 9, 2021
when i plug in mouse and keyboard and it doesnt seem to work .. hdmi to monitor .. i klnow my monitor knows someing is connected but does not show the input .. im being told the issue is either with the bios but i cannot do nothing as my mouse doesnt work completely .. although fans work and rgb inside is all good .. pc would turn on but not back off until i took the ram out and added it in back in again ..

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB Graphics Card

RAM : 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4 Memory ( 1 x 8GB)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 Quad-Core 3.6GHz (3.9GHz Turbo Processor)

PSU: Gamemax RPG Rampage 600W (bronze) power supply

Motherboard : ASUS Prime B450M-K

Last edited:
Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

You do not need the mouse to access BIOS. You may need to start rapidly pressing a particular keyboard key as you press the computer's start button. Generally F2, F10, or perhaps DELETE (DEL) to access BIOS.

The necessary keypress may be briefly displayed on the monitor - watch closely.

Will the system boot into Safe Mode?

If possible test mouse, keyboard, and monitor on another known working computer.

= = = =

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cables, connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Ralston18

Titan

You do not need the mouse to access BIOS. You may need to start rapidly pressing a particular keyboard key as you press the computer's start button. Generally F2, F10, or perhaps DELETE (DEL) to access BIOS.

If possible test mouse, keyboard, and monitor on another known working computer.

= = = =

Verify by sight and feel that all cables, connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Reactions: IneedItWork
Solution
Nov 9, 2021

= = = =

Ok ill have a go at this .. thanks for the reply .. Ive made some edits to my original post