My USB ports aren't working

Revoltzz

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
Hi there,

My USB ports aren't working. This started yesterday whenever my computer would go to "sleep" i could not get it to come back by moving my mouse or pressing a key on my keyboard, i had to restart it completely. I tried the one's in the front, and in the back.

However when my computer is running, my Mouse/Keyboard,etc work fine that are connected to my USB ports.

But then when i try to put my iphone charger into the USB slot, it won't load up or charge my iphone.

I went into the device manager to look for a ? or ! in yellow but there isn't anything except "HID-complaint consumer device" but when i tried to update that it said it was up to date.

Another thing is when i tried to do Windows Updates, a lot of them failed yesterday.

This includes:

- nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Other Hardware - Nvidia Geforce GTX 660

- C-Media Inc. - Audio Device - USB Audio Class 1.0 and 2.0 DAC Device Driver

- Intel - Other hardware - Intel (R) Smart Connect Technology Device

- Intel - Other hardware - Intel (R) Management Engine Interface

- Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDm1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Also another issue i'm having is sometimes when i shut down my computer, it stays on "Computer is shutting down..." and never shuts down and i have to manually turn it off.

Any help would be greatly apreciated, im worried it might be the motherboard.

Solution
Have you tried turning off the computer, and unplugging it, then press and hold the power button for ~10 seconds, plug it back in and turn it on. It could be that there is some static electricity built up causing issues.