My USB ports keeps disconnecting

slocar2

Reputable
Feb 17, 2015
For the past week my pc keep disconnecting my usb keyboard and mouse. I don't know why. I googled all the solutions non of them aren't working. I tested with 2 mices and 2 keyboards and all of them are getting disconnected.
Also i found out that i can charge my phone if i connect it to pc but i cannot transfer data (when my pc disconnect USBs), i tested all the USB ports all get disconnected.
Maybe after a few minutes they start to work but sometimes i need to restart pc.
Also funny thing is when this "USB shut down" happens is that my USB wireless adapter is still working, but i don't know why.

Solution
Hello slocar2

Can you please confirm what methods have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

If I were you, I would have gone to Device Manager, expanded the Universal Serial Bus controllers tree, uninstalled all the instances of Generic USB Hub and USB Root Hub, restarted the PC, and allowed Windows to automatically install the drivers.

Feel free to report back if the given solutions fails to work, and you need further assistance in this context.

Cheers!! :)
Hello slocar2

Can you please confirm what methods have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

If I were you, I would have gone to Device Manager, expanded the Universal Serial Bus controllers tree, uninstalled all the instances of Generic USB Hub and USB Root Hub, restarted the PC, and allowed Windows to automatically install the drivers.

Feel free to report back if the given solutions fails to work, and you need further assistance in this context.

Cheers!! :)

Solution