Question My USB suddenly disconnects, Audio suddenly disconnect, need any help please.

Jun 24, 2021
[Mod edit to break up continuous text.]

For context, I will give all my specs: Radeon 5700 XT, i5 114000, 8 GB corsair vengeance dual-channel, Asus TUF b550m pro. I just upgraded my CPU and motherboard and installed everything in a brand new case.

The case is from Musetex, the reason I bring this up is that this case has a USB hub that connects the front panel directly to my power supply. Ever since I upgraded I have had issues where my audio completely cuts out, when this occurs I am unable to play any videos for some reason. I really do not get the correlation but it always happens.

This occurs randomly but the most frequent occasion is when I boot up a game or a loading screen. Not sure about that correlation either, This is frustrating alone but that issue is not even the worst. Sometimes all USB inputs literally cease connection for no reason. It is random and has no consistent trigger.

Sometimes I can be on my computer for 6 hours without the occurrence but other times I can be on for only a couple of minutes and all USB inputs stop. When this happens I am unable to use my headphones, mic, mouse, and keyboard. I believe the issue has something to do with my motherboard, but I have no real reason to prove that.

I have tested both the Musetex USB hub and the motherboard USB connections simultaneously and they both cease communications to all inputs.

Maybe it could be a wiring issue since this was the first time I legit wired a pc.

It was incredibly difficult to put in the GPU on the ideal spot for it so I put it on the second slot right beneath it. I did this because the motherboard control panel blocked me from installing the GPU.

I also was unable to plug in my HD audio connector to the motherboard since my GPU blocks that, but I did not see that as an issue since my mic already has an audio codex in it. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer, please help me if you can.

Jun 24, 2021
Update your post to include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Are you able to try another known working USB hub? And, preferably one that is independently powered.
https://www.amazon.com/MUSETEX-Mid-...s=musetex&qid=1624572763&s=electronics&sr=1-9

This is the exact link to the case I purchased,

I am using a Corsair 750w gold for my power supply and have had it for around two years, and it has yet to give me any issues at all. That can be said for my graphics card.

For storage, I am using the 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO with around 50 GB left.

I do not own any other USB hub, the Musetex supplied hub and the motherboard is the only access I have to USB slots.

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"I am using a Corsair 750w gold for my power supply and have had it for around two years, and it has yet to give me any issues at all. That can be said for my graphics card. "

Key word = "yet".

The overall problem as I see it (cynicism conceded) is that manufacturers can, one way or another collect all sorts of data.

And that data can be used to re-engineer products in a manner to maximize profits.

One end result is a designed in EOL (End of Life...)

Reading back I will offer the suggestion that you use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to take a closer look at how your system is performing.

Use both but only one at a time.

Determine what resources your system is using, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

Any "power hungry" resources?