Jan 8, 2020
I got this Wi-Fi adapter a couple weeks ago and it was working fine the first day I was using it, after a little while the internet would have a 10 second lag spike, after a couple days it would just disconnect me from my internet completely. I tried contacting the manufacture to help me with it, but they ended up telling me the same thing, change dns, re-install the drivers, etc. My internet has always had a normal version and then another version that has "2.4ghz" after the name, I tried connecting to this one and it no longer disconnects its just incredibly slow compared to the normal version I have normally.

The brand is a EDUP, but its a realtek wifi adapter, its supposed to be a 1300mbps version. The full name from device manager is "Realtek 8812BU Wireless LAN 802. 11ac USB NIC"

I was wondering if there is anything that I could do to get the normal version (5ghz) working?

This is a video from shadowplay showing what happens when it is disconnecting:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9STDWKrFBkU&t

thesser89

Honorable
Mar 9, 2014
I have the same USB adapter and experiencing the same issue. My symptoms get even worse when I try to uninstall the device or disable it. Uninstalling will loop indefinitely until I force quit it. The wifi button on the taskbar disappears. It's only after resetting my PC does it sometimes fix itself. Within an hour it will start all over again. Did you find any answers?

TRENDING THREADS