My very first PC build: please check :D!

Kantertainment

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
Hey guys,

I'll have my first PC build soon.
Could you please check the compatibility, I'm still a newbie ;).

These are the parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gZvKKZ.
Case is the NZXT Manta (couldn't pick it).

I already have a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Do I need case fans? Do I need a mount for the SSD? Which thermal pound should I get?
Other things I've missed?

Thanks!!!

That video is an outlier pretty much there's like 10 videos that prove its not worth it to get much faster ram than 2400 and it also depends on the resolution especially on 1080p it will make pretty much no difference.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Isn't an outlier. Why deny it? I've done plenty of research and it does make a difference in games. Everyone just thinks it doesn't make a difference.

And actually, at 1080p it makes the most difference since you get higher framerates on that resolution. It gives an extra bump in framerates past 60.

I still use 1866 speed ddr3 with gtx 1080 still runs 140ish fps at 1080p in bf1 so im pretty sure he would be better off instead putting that money elsewhere.

Kantertainment

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016

Thermal paste is included :D!

As for the cooling system of the Manta, I've found this:
- Front: 2 x 140/120mm (2 x 120mm included)
- Top: 2 x 140/120mm
- Rear: 1 x 120mm (Included)
Should I buy more powerfull (but silent) ones? I do like my PC to be silent.

Thanks

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
The ones included are fine enough but you could look into more silent ones like Noctua fans or Corsair ML's (Rather expensive).

This is what the Manta guide says about PWM speed:

"For full PWM support, please connect the PWM cable from the hub to the CPU_FAN port on the motherboard. If no PWM signal is provided, the connected fans will spin at full speed."

^ if you do this you can slow down the RPM of the case fans and make your system more silent.