my very low budget pc build first timer

rob1679

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
as title this will be my first time building a pc from used and new parts on a very tight budget
so far i have acquired the following
ASRock N68-GS4/USB3 FX motherboard new
going with a amd fx 6350 3.8 ghz 6 core with stock amd cooler as i had it sitting around
will be putting it in a Kolink Aviator M Micro ATX case new

looking at maybe the gtx 750ti graphics card along with Patriot Viper X2 4GB ram as i got this cheap also all in i have around £60 in to this not including graphics card still looking for one my question is any recommendations for a power supply i am not trying to build a high end gaming machine . it is only for my son to play fortnite on any thoughts on what i have ?

logainofhades

Titan
While quite dated, getting all of that for so cheap is pretty nice. Still wouldn't risk it with a stupidly cheap power supply, that will kill all your hard work. I would get something that is plenty for now, but can handle some future upgrades, as well, if budget allows it.

At absolute minimum, a Corsair CX450M, with the TX650M, for future upgrades.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/FQ648d,PVzZxr/

rob1679

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

rob1679

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
yeh i get that its quite dated now and if it works well i might have a go at a more reasonable build . thanks for the help on the power supply might go for the tx650m then if it might come in handy when i do my next one

rob1679

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
no i have made a terrible mistake before i even start with the build i thought i ordered ASRock N68-GS4/USB3 FX, AMD Motherboard Socket AM3+/ AM3 but infact what i got was not the usb 3 version it will be getting returned and i will look for another board to fit my cpu

rob1679

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
please could some one tell me a cheap board that will use my amd fx 6350 o i do not have to splash more money please remember this is my first time doing this so do not want to be spending much if i get it correct and it works then i may have a bit more confidence of a higher spec build

rob1679

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
my budget is i dont have one i just inherited a lot of parts some ok some from the dark ages just thought i could build a cheap little pc for my sone to mess around on and i could gain some experience i am really trying to go down the pre owned route and seen the Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 board on eBay i am bidding on i am having a guess thet my cpu will not work in the board i have due to the voltage am i right ?