[SOLVED] My VGA card wont display anything when first time turning my pc on

Aug 26, 2020
Good morning everyone.
I have an old GT 730 1gddr5 128bit.
When I first turn on my pc, it's not displaying anything. So I decided to change it to onboard graphic (And its displayed normally) and then change it back to the old GT730 but nothing displayed on my monitor... (PC still turned on)
So I decided to change it again to onboard graphic and restart my pc and switch it again to GT730..
And strangely enough its finally displaying...
Anyone know what happen? Could it be a prob with my PSU/the VGA itself?

PS : when my GT730 already detected, everytime I shutdown/restart it will still display... but after one day shutdown, I need to do the same step as I mentioned above.

Thank you....

Solution
Good morning everyone.
When I first turn on my pc, it's not displaying anything. So I decided to change it to onboard graphic (And its displayed normally) and then change it back to the old GT730 but nothing displayed on my monitor... (PC still turned on)
So I decided to change it again to onboard graphic and restart my pc and switch it again to GT730..

PS : when my GT730 already detected, everytime I shutdown/restart it will still display... but after one day shutdown, I need to do the same step as I mentioned above.

Thank you....

There's a setting in most bioses to...

Pedro sachez

Great
Jan 22, 2020
Good morning everyone.

Thank you....
Have you tried to boot it with another display? And how many ports does your monitor have if it has more than vga you can easily swap them maybe the vga port on yout gpu is damaged.

Aug 26, 2020
Have you tried to boot it with another display? And how many ports does your monitor have if it has more than vga you can easily swap them maybe the vga port on yout gpu is damaged.

Thank you for your answer...
Sorry, by another display do you mean my monitor? If yes, then I already tried it with different monitor and different PC.
I only have 1 port for VGA.. But I also already try it on my work PC... and the method used still the same as above... (need to switch and restart the pc)

Good morning everyone.

Thank you....

There's a setting in most bioses to initialize the PEG first. (Pcie graphics). Try that. It may improve boot times. But to be honest that card is pre uefi. So it may take longer to initialize.

Solution

frederickalliston

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 12, 2020
Good morning everyone.

Thank you....

If you notice that when you turn on the PC, an image with the manufacturer's logo appears on it for a moment, initialization takes place, and then when Windows should start to boot - everything disappears - try going into the BIOS and resetting the settings to default (default).

By the way, this behavior of the PC may indicate a problem with the HDD (but in the previous step, if you disconnected the disk from the motherboard, it should have been detected.

The video card may not have enough power. This is especially true for attempts to install a new video card in an older computer. Try using a more powerful power supply.

Or maybe the problem lies in a broken video card. In this case, it is better to contact the service center for diagnostics, and if necessary, choose a new suitable graphics adapter.

Reactions: Onigirii
Aug 26, 2020
If you notice that when you turn on the PC, an image with the manufacturer's logo appears on it for a moment, initialization takes place, and then when Windows should start to boot - everything disappears - try going into the BIOS and resetting the settings to default (default).

By the way, this behavior of the PC may indicate a problem with the HDD (but in the previous step, if you disconnected the disk from the motherboard, it should have been detected.

The video card may not have enough power. This is especially true for attempts to install a new video card in an older computer. Try using a more powerful power supply.

Or maybe the problem lies in a broken video card. In this case, it is better to contact the service center for diagnostics, and if necessary, choose a new suitable graphics adapter.

Hi, thank you for your answer.

Actually, when first I turn on the PC. There's literally no display at all. (Except if I switch it to onboard graphic and pc still on even no display using the GT 730)
for my HDD, I guess there's no problem with them since I already used it on different 5 PC (The HDD only used for 1 month) and make sure the cable is plugged correctly (not loose or anything)
For the VGA power, GT 730 only consume around 38W if im not mistaken. I know my PSU isnt a pure one even though it says 500w PSU.
but if the problem lies on vga not getting enough power, my PC should not even turn on right?

The bios setting is more likely the problem because its setting choosing auto instead of PEG like what griffin said.