Question My "Video Encode" in task manager is maxed out 100% whenever i load ANY game

Status
Not open for further replies.

shandork

Prominent
May 29, 2020
I have an AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT, and whenever i load any game, literally all of my games do this, it maxes the "video encode" at 100% preventing me from using any software to record a clip of something, or livestream my screen on discord for a quick minute to show my friend my screen. I've noticed it doing this for the past 4 days, and cant find anything to help on the internet. I would really appreciate some help, and even being told to factory reset my computer would help if that's the final option, but only if the final option. Thank you :)

I have an AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT,
Go into your control panel or driver settings,wherever you are controlling the quality of the recording from and lower the quality,the only reason to get 100% usage is if you use too much quality and the card uses all of it's resources just to encode the video.
If it's the CPu that is at 100% you do have x264 selected so change that to whatever the hardware encoder is called,VCE I think.

shandork

Prominent
May 29, 2020
I'm not necessarily concerned about the video, it's just maxing out in general, how would i prevent it from maxing out in general? It's maxing out whenever i load a game in general, not just trying to clip something or stream on discord.

I'm not necessarily concerned about the video, it's just maxing out in general, how would i prevent it from maxing out in general? It's maxing out whenever i load a game in general, not just trying to clip something or stream on discord.
You said that "it maxes the "video encode" at 100% " ,this means that video encoding is running,GPUs have a feature where they are always recording but not saving the file unless you press a key in which case they save the last 5 or whatever many minutes.
Or let's take this from the start, where does it say video encode at 100% .

Status
Not open for further replies.