Question My virtual surround headphones came with no driver, so how can i enable it?

lil___perv

Prominent
Jul 2, 2019
I got these headphones and they say they are 7.1 virtual surround, but how can i enable it, is it enabled by itself, i don't understand

Ralston18

Titan
What audio card is installed on your computer?

Windows? Check Device Manager for installed components.

The host computer must support the audio card and its' drivers in order to get 7.1 virtual surround sound.

Could not read the link but there should be some information therein about the necessary hardware requirements to provide/support 7.1 surround sound.

lil___perv

Prominent
Jul 2, 2019
What audio card is installed on your computer?

Windows? Check Device Manager for installed components.

The host computer must support the audio card and its' drivers in order to get 7.1 virtual surround sound.

Could not read the link but there should be some information therein about the necessary hardware requirements to provide/support 7.1 surround sound.
you must translate the site to understand, i have realtek hd audio and i have the audio card that came with my motherboard (H81M-R), but the site doesn't tell what i need to get virtual surround, although it does say it is compatible with PC, PS4 and PS3

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Yes - discovered the language choice button (upper right page corner). Thank you.

I do not see anything indicating that the headphones support 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound.

And some manufacturer's use the word "compatible" in very broad terms. - I.e., the plugs will fit in the ports....

Most likely you will need an audio card designed to provide the necessary output to the headphones.

Starter link:

https://www.thetechlounge.com/best-sound-card/

And look for a few "how-to" tutorials by googling "how to set up 7.1 virtual sound headphones" or similar words and phrasing.

Learn what is needed and what needs to be done. Varies with system, system components, OS, and applications being used.

lil___perv

Prominent
Jul 2, 2019
you must translate the site to understand, i have realtek hd audio and i have the audio card that came with my motherboard (H81M-R), but the site doesn't tell what i need to get virtual surround, it just says the headphones have it
Yes - discovered the language choice button (upper right page corner). Thank you.

I do not see anything indicating that the headphones support 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound.

And some manufacturer's use the word "compatible" in very broad terms. - I.e., the plugs will fit in the ports....

Most likely you will need an audio card designed to provide the necessary output to the headphones.

Starter link:

https://www.thetechlounge.com/best-sound-card/

And look for a few "how-to" tutorials by googling "how to set up 7.1 virtual sound headphones" or similar words and phrasing.

Learn what is needed and what needs to be done. Varies with system, system components, OS, and applications being used.
ok, thanks, also there is a picture of the headphones' packaging that says 7.1 virtual sound (check second picture). and one more question, do you think the virtual 7.1 sound could already be built into headphones (like without drivers or anything)?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Yes, I see that on the box but I have not found any basis for that statement.

Again, the audio features are a function of the system, the sound/audio card, its' drivers, and end user configuration.

And then the configured output must be supported by the headphones.

If you right click the small speaker icon, usually found in the lower right screen corner, the presented menu will lead to numerous windows, tabs, and properties settings.

Your system may or may not support 7.1. Look through your system's options and see what choices you may have.

Look first - do not just start changing things and then, when you do try a change, change only one thing at a time,

If you have any family members or friends with a known working 7.1 virtual surround sound system - try the headphones on their system. Look at how their system is configured.

These headphones come with USB connection, so whatever "virtual" magic is, it is in the USB adapter. You can plug them in any PC, and you'll get one more sound device. All the settings would be in that device, so unless you try it you won't know how "virtual" are they.