My WD 1TB Hard Drive shows up in BIOS but not in Windows 8.1.

Blaze101xx

Reputable
Dec 20, 2014
The model number is WD10EZEX. So I just recently built my computer, and loaded Windows 8.1 onto my boot drive (my SSD.) I used my SSD (Crucial MX100 128GB's) for a few days as my main drive, but now I need more storage,. I had noticed it wasnt working when I first built the computer a few days ago but I really didn't feel like messing with it then, because my SSD was working. When I go into my bios, I can see the hard drive, after i'm in Windows 8.1 though, I can't see it in "This Pc" or in Disk Manager. I have been surfing the internet looking for a good solution, and realized a few others seem to be having a similar problem, but I can't really find a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
Hey there, Blaze101xx!

I'm sorry to hear about your WD Blue drive. :(
First thing I'd do is Rescan Disks in Disk Management (You can do that by right-clicking on Disk Management in the drop-down menu on the left in Computer Management).
If this doesn't help, I'd suggest to re-seat the cable that connects the HDD to the motherboard and see if it will get detected afterwards.
Another thing you could try is to maybe try another SATA cable or another computer with your WD drive.
Do you hear it spin up when you start your rig?

Keep me posted with your issue. Hope I was able to help. :)
SuperSoph_WD
Hey there, Blaze101xx!

I'm sorry to hear about your WD Blue drive. :(
First thing I'd do is Rescan Disks in Disk Management (You can do that by right-clicking on Disk Management in the drop-down menu on the left in Computer Management).
If this doesn't help, I'd suggest to re-seat the cable that connects the HDD to the motherboard and see if it will get detected afterwards.
Another thing you could try is to maybe try another SATA cable or another computer with your WD drive.
Do you hear it spin up when you start your rig?

Keep me posted with your issue. Hope I was able to help. :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution