My wd blue 1tb is nearly out of storage

DeJonJ95

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
So I'm looking at a 2tb sshd from seagate or a sandisk ssd plus/wd blue 1tb combo. Suggestions? I have like 25~ games installed, + mods, then around 20~40(guessing) programs and a little music...still I was surprised I was out of storage already.

My specs

amd 6300
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 ATX AM3+
ripjaws 8 gb ram
msi 760 2gb
1 tb wd blue
Cooler Master Elite 430
cx500 pw

Also, OT; once pascal comes out I wanted to upgrade my gpu, but then my cpu will bottleneck so I'll need to upgrade that as well. My case is bad for cable management so I'll probably get a new case as well. My question is should I sell my parts to offset some of the cost of upgrading?

Hey there, DeJonJ95.

It all depends on your budget, but if you're talking about offsetting some of the price for you incoming upgrades, then I guess you're looking for the most efficient option in terms of budget. Usually I'd recommend the SSD + HDD combo, but in your case you'll get a lot less storage capacity than with an SSHD or an HDD and it would be for a higher price. So I'd recommend that you go for an SSHD (only if you plan on using it as a main drive - for your OS and programs), because otherwise you won't get that much of a boost (performance wise) if you use it for storage and gaming alone. If you're just looking for a secondary storage drive, an HDD should do the job just fine.

As for selling some of your old components in order to save up some of the money you'll need to upgrade your computer, this is totally up to you. But I should mention that sometimes you can't get much for old hardware and it's not worth it to sell it. Furthermore, you'd have to do that after you've already gotten your new components, so that you're not left without a working computer.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Boogieman_WD