my wd ssd hard drive fell into water, how to overcome with that? need help

kzunaith

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
my wd ssd hard drive fell into water, how to overcome with that? .
my son dropped it into washing machine, i blowed in blower and now its working and hear spinning sound into that drive. whether is that recovered or not... should i have to take to professional or not!!!!! need help

Solution
If there is valueable data that can't be lost, take it to someone who can extract the disk and has a guarantee. Otherwise, plug it in. Make a backup of important files immediately if it works, because it may not work for long.

Honestly, it should have been pretty resistant to the water. As long as any exposed circuit boards are dry, try it.
Jun 21, 2015
If there is valueable data that can't be lost, take it to someone who can extract the disk and has a guarantee. Otherwise, plug it in. Make a backup of important files immediately if it works, because it may not work for long.

Honestly, it should have been pretty resistant to the water. As long as any exposed circuit boards are dry, try it.

Solution
It might feel counter intuitive but if its already soaked through I would clean it with pure bottled water to make sure you get rid of the cleaning chemicals from the washing machine. Any chemical residue may cause corrosion over time.

Then dry it, even if you leave it in a warm place for a few days. It must be 100% dry, the slightest moisture still inside when you power it up could kill it. Only once sure its completely dry can you try it. If its dead I would just replace it, professional help will cost more than a new drive and still may not get your files back.