[SOLVED] My whole pc doesn’t work

Mr.snobdam

Commendable
Feb 9, 2020
I recently started building a pc when i finished it it just didnt work i hearded Nothing and i saw nothing i first Applied the power supply to an old computer but it just worked then i sended the motherboard back but they Said it wasnt broken then i applied an power switch from another computer to it and it stil didnt work. Can it be the cpu Maybe?someone Please help me!!!

Jun 10, 2019
there your issue. no cpu, no ram, no ssd/hdd
I hope he isn't trying with just the three parts, and just in case he isn't, if nothing else at least the fans would still turn on without cpu, right?

Is the PWR switch connected to the correct prongs on the motherboard? Did you connect both the 24 pin and 8 pin wire connectors from the PSU to the motherboard?

Mr.snobdam

Commendable
Feb 9, 2020
Sorry rgd1101 i didnt think you needed that information . I further have a cpu:amd ryzen 5 2600x 6 core 12 thread processor
Graphical card:amd radeon rx 5700
32 gb of ddr4 ram
1 tb of hdd
And 256 gb of ssd

Mr.snobdam

Commendable
Feb 9, 2020
The fans dont go on when i connect them to the motherboard or power supply
But the computer where i checked the power supply didnt have fans so maybe it is the power supply or it is the box but there are two fans so the Chanses of both Being broken isn’t very big.

Mr.snobdam

Commendable
Feb 9, 2020
I hope he isn't trying with just the three parts, and just in case he isn't, if nothing else at least the fans would still turn on without cpu, right?

Is the PWR switch connected to the correct prongs on the motherboard? Did you connect both the 24 pin and 8 pin wire connectors from the PSU to the motherboard?
Is the 8 pin a very big one and the 24 a small one?
If thats te case then yes.

Mr.snobdam

Commendable
Feb 9, 2020

I tried another power switch on it and it stil didnt work so that cant be the case

Jun 10, 2019
450w is definitely an iffy choice for a PSU with that build, I personally would atleast go 650w for headroom and unforeseen situations.

OP, the switch on the back of the PSU, is that flipped the right way?

I tried another power switch on it and it stil didnt work so that cant be the case

But are you connecting it to the correct prongs on the motherboard? There are alot of different connections in that area, I personally have attached them to the wrong ones a few times.

Is the 8 pin a very big one and the 24 a small one?
If thats te case then yes.

You have them opposite but yes, kinda.
images

That's the 24 pin, connects to the right side of your motherboard, near the edge.

K8f9n.jpg

That's the 8 pin, connects on the top of your motherboard, normally the left corner, labeled CPU at times.

Last edited:

Mr.snobdam

Commendable
Feb 9, 2020
check the 8-pin or 4-pin ATX/EPS cable is properly plugged into the motherboard (may be labeled CPU on some PSU cables)
the 24-pin is the main power cable on the motherboard not small - but hard to get that wrong.
450W may be a bit low for a 5700 but it
should boot at least
Yes i got a cpu Cable in it

make sure you have the wires plugged into the right header?
you can just short those pins (carefully ) w/o the switch using a paperclip or screwdriver

pg 27 shows the correct pins. (upper row of header)
System Panel header is on the lower right hand corner of the m/b in a standard photo

Is it an option that the power switch of my old computer doesn’t work on this new computer?

Last edited:

Mr.snobdam

Commendable
Feb 9, 2020
450w is definitely an iffy choice for a PSU with that build, I personally would atleast go 650w for headroom and unforeseen situations.

But are you connecting it to the correct prongs on the motherboard? There are alot of different connections in that area, I personally have attached them to the wrong ones a few times.

images

That's the 24 pin, connects to the right side of your motherboard, near the edge.

K8f9n.jpg

That's the 8 pin, connects on the top of your motherboard, normally the left corner, labeled CPU at times.
I got them both applied

Mr.snobdam

Commendable
Feb 9, 2020

images

K8f9n.jpg

I do got my fans in a 4 pin and the fans are 3 pins
But my friend Who knows a bit about this Saïd it was good when he looier at the book of the motherboard.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts