My wifi adapter is slow

Stephen_88

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
Hello so i am building a computer and the wifi adapter i bought (https://www.amazon.com/Glam-Hobby-OURLINK-Wireless-Computer/dp/B011T5IF06/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8) seems to be slower than advertised, so to test it i plugged the wifi adapter into my laptop which has wifi built in. so the wifi adapter only get around 20-30 mbps while my built in one gets 70. they both follow same protocol N and run at 2.4ghz. what can i do to fix this or will it change when i use it on my new computer? are the to wifi adapters interfering with each other.

Solution
Those tiny WIFI adapters are bad. There is no space for a big antenna. If you are building a desktop, then buy a PCIe card with antennas (yes multiple) on coax from the manufacturer. That way you can have the antennas in an optimal location compared to the PC chassis. Asus and TP-Link both have models with remote antennas.

Stephen_88

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016

i didnt buy it for my laptop i bought it for a desktop im building and i was testing the speeds on it to see if they would be the same.

kanewolf

Titan
Those tiny WIFI adapters are bad. There is no space for a big antenna. If you are building a desktop, then buy a PCIe card with antennas (yes multiple) on coax from the manufacturer. That way you can have the antennas in an optimal location compared to the PC chassis. Asus and TP-Link both have models with remote antennas.

Solution