[SOLVED] My wifi is slow all of a sudden went from 20mbps to 6 download 2mpps to 0.02 upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

illshowuasian

Commendable
Mar 13, 2020
I am using ookla to test. My router is Netgear NIghthawk Ac1900 and my router is Arris Touchstone SB6183. My ISP is PenteleData. Any Ideas on how to fix? and raise my speed to around 30+ i should be getting up to 50mbps.

Solution
i Am using a powerline adapter av500 inbelieve and i am using my phone to test also and the resulkts are about the same. My neighbors are all boomers so none of them are streaming btw.
Powerline can have problems if you don't have the units directly connected to the wall plug. The powerline units also have an ethernet plug. What speed do you get when using an ethernet cable through the powerline units?
The AV500 units are a very old technology. Performance with them was pretty poor. But since you only have 30Mbit internet service, they should support that.

kanewolf

Titan
I am using ookla to test. My router is Netgear NIghthawk Ac1900 and my router is Arris Touchstone SB6183. My ISP is PenteleData. Any Ideas on how to fix? and raise my speed to around 30+ i should be getting up to 50mbps.
You need to test with a wired connection. WIFI has too many variables to find performance problems. An neighbor streaming on the same WIFI channel as you can cause your problem. There is no easy way to identify.
Do ALL WIFI devices have poor performance or just one ?
Are you using a USB "nano" adapter ?

illshowuasian

Commendable
Mar 13, 2020
i Am using a powerline adapter av500 inbelieve and i am using my phone to test also and the resulkts are about the same. My neighbors are all boomers so none of them are streaming btw.

kanewolf

Titan
Powerline can have problems if you don't have the units directly connected to the wall plug. The powerline units also have an ethernet plug. What speed do you get when using an ethernet cable through the powerline units?
The AV500 units are a very old technology. Performance with them was pretty poor. But since you only have 30Mbit internet service, they should support that.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS