Question My wifi keeps disabling itself every 15 minutes.

Thorfax

Commendable
Nov 14, 2019
As of recent, my PC has started to play up with the internet. On most startups, it connects fine. I'll get into a game or start watching YouTube and all of a sudden it'll disconnect itself. Sometimes, it recovers and connects again within a matter of seconds. This occurs once every 10-15 minutes. To fix this, I currently use the windows troubleshooting option for the network, and it always fixes it by "resetting the network adapter".

I've re-installed the network drivers. The motherboard is fully updated. I've gone into network adapter settings and un-checked "allow system to turn off this adaptor to save power". I've removed the USB connection from the adaptor to my motherboard to check if it's warm or not.

The adapter in question is a Netgear Nighthawk a7000-100pes and it is plugged into my motherboard via a USB

My moter board is an Aorus X470 AORUS GAMING 5 WIFI Motherboard.

Any help would be much appreciated! I've had to troubleshoot the wifi twice while just writing this question!

Jul 3, 2020
I also faced this problem today but I have a laptop so i went to power options then to edit the power plan then selected advanced power settings. From it I then changed the power management of wireless and made it to maximum performance when both on battery and power. Not sure how well will this translate to your desktop.

Thorfax

Commendable
Nov 14, 2019
I also faced this problem today but I have a laptop so i went to power options then to edit the power plan then selected advanced power settings. From it I then changed the power management of wireless and made it to maximum performance when both on battery and power. Not sure how well will this translate to your desktop.
thanks but unfortunately it's already on max performance because it's a desktop!