Question My wifi ping gradually increases every month

Aug 25, 2024
wifi - jio fiber 30mbps plan
used to get around 35 ping in valorant, 28 in bgmi (pubgm) 40 in codm
now everything is increased, 48 in bgmi, 57 in codm
and worst of all, valorant, the ping is increasing by 10ms every two-three weeks, from 40 to 50, 50 to 60 and last week 60 to 69ms, is there anything i can do? i use cat 6 ethernet cable, i have contacted the contractor (they no nothing abt the ping, all they know is if they get customers they get money), asked them to replace the fiber router, ping saw a difference of 5-10ms, just for 1-2 days, everything got back to normal or the worse, can i get any help? i also tried dns proxies like 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8, nothing seems to help

The actual ping number does not matter as long as it is not really high say over 200ms. Online games like this are designed so someone that lives closer to the data center does not get a advantage. It in effect will artificially delay people who have very fast ping times so everyone has about the same internal to the game.

The key thing for online games is a very consistent ping time not so much what the exact value is.

I am confused you talk about wifi but you also say it is a fiber connection and you use a cat6 ethernet.

Wifi is affected by many thing mostly interference from device inside and outside your house. It tends to cause random ping spikes which greatly affects online games.

If you are using ethernet then the issue is not likely in your house. A ethernet cable does not really delay data.

You can do the standard tracert 8.8.8.8 or maybe the game server IP and try to see where the delay is.

The delay most the time is function of the distance the data must travel and the overhead of each router it must pass through. The path data takes though the internet is not always optimal since it depends on agreements between ISP for passing data say on undersea fibers. There really is nothing you can do about this and the ISP are not going to renegotiate agreement just for you. There is a slight chance that some segment is over utilized but again you can do nothing about that.

Really the only things you can do would be if you see large delays in hop 1 of the trace which is in your house and to a very small chance if you see larger delays in hop 2 which is the connection between your house and the ISP.