[SOLVED] My Windows 10 64 bit is treating my new RTX 2070 very oddly.

Tonesz586

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
Hi there!

I recently assembled my new gaming rig, featuring an MSI RTX2070 8G Armor OC. I however am not able to install the driver for it, as Nvidia Game Booster can't recognise the card. I've run dxdiag, it recognises Nvidia as the manufacturer of the chipset, but it has the default Microsoft driver assigned to it.
The other strange behaviour that I had noticed is that the fans don't seem to spin up, even when the heatsink is hot, is this connected to the driver, or is it a different problem altogether?

Many thanks in advance!

Solution
Hi there!

I recently assembled my new gaming rig, featuring an MSI RTX2070 8G Armor OC. I however am not able to install the driver for it, as Nvidia Game Booster can't recognise the card. I've run dxdiag, it recognises Nvidia as the manufacturer of the chipset, but it has the default Microsoft driver assigned to it.
The other strange behaviour that I had noticed is that the fans don't seem to spin up, even when the heatsink is hot, is this connected to the driver, or is it a different problem altogether?

Many thanks in advance!
First thing I would ask you is did you install correct driver. You could have mistaken driver software as there are a few... Can get confusing but try and download directly from MSI as they might have...
Oct 23, 2019
Hi there!

Many thanks in advance!
First thing I would ask you is did you install correct driver. You could have mistaken driver software as there are a few... Can get confusing but try and download directly from MSI as they might have changed driver setting as it is OC model.

Solution

Tonesz586

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
First thing I would ask you is did you install correct driver. You could have mistaken driver software as there are a few... Can get confusing but try and download directly from MSI as they might have changed driver setting as it is OC model.

Thanks for the quick response! I do have the correct driver, I clicked on the same model, Win 10 64 bit, when I tried to install it, I got an error message saying "This driver is not compatible with your operation system". Then there came Geforce Game Ready, which should install the correct driver for me right away, and again it pops an error. Nvidia has an "about your GPU" feature on their website, that doesn't seem to be working either.

Oct 23, 2019
Thanks for the quick response! I do have the correct driver, I clicked on the same model, Win 10 64 bit, when I tried to install it, I got an error message saying "This driver is not compatible with your operation system". Then there came Geforce Game Ready, which should install the correct driver for me right away, and again it pops an error. Nvidia has an "about your GPU" feature on their website, that doesn't seem to be working either.
Windows might have updates but I doubt that would be the problem...
Check Nvidia website for an older driver, if the older driver works, update it to the latest version. If nothing works I think your only option is to send nvidia mail about your issue or go to store and mak an reclamation of faulty hardware.

Tonesz586

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
Windows might have updates but I doubt that would be the problem...
Check Nvidia website for an older driver, if the older driver works, update it to the latest version. If nothing works I think your only option is to send nvidia mail about your issue or go to store and mak an reclamation of faulty hardware.

Thank you very much, I will do that, and I will report back as soon as I can.

Reactions: Qouga