[SOLVED] My windows 10 crashed. I am considering a new SSD/HDD ?.

PointThreeOEight

Prominent
Aug 19, 2019
My PC:
MSI MS-BZ01, MSI, ID1/Black-Black-Black/Gungnir, Z390-A PRO, RTX 2080 Super Ventus, 8G, Intel Core i7-9700KF, 3.6GHz, 750W1TB, 16GB(8GB2)
Windows 10 home.

Last time it worked (last week):
I booted windows 10. It asked me account verifications (seemed legit windows) loaded to desktop FROZEN no ctrl+alt+delete , waited 10 minutes powered down with 10 second button press.

I have attempted:
*All blue screen "Choose an option"
Options include their sub categories:
+Continue
+Use a device
+Troubleshoot
+Reset this PC
+Remove everything
*Downloaded Windows ISO file USB flash
*Install
*Partions will not delete,format,or install.
Delete is error 0x80070057

*CMD PROMPT
*DISK PART,SELECT,CLEAR ....CYCLIC RENDUNANCY

I have tried every 100% fix video.
Endless bios,CMD prompt,blue screen option,loophole.

I am beginning to believe my solid state drive is dead. The hard drive had nothing on it to begin with.

I am stuck and tired with it. I am locked out. I just don't want to buy a new SSD to come across more issues. I just want to get to back to my desktop.
I am willing to remove the old toss it, buy a new windows 10 copy,remove HDD,toss it, and hope to the software gods that I can install,and get to factory fresh and restoring what was lost....hell maybe even switch to linux... what are your thoughts ?.

Last edited:

PointThreeOEight

Prominent
Aug 19, 2019
"have you tried installing 10 on the hdd? take the ssd out as it seems to be dead but be odd if both went at same time."

I would have thought that ,but I have tried installing to every available partition none of which are unallocated or available ?.

However, if I have to install it to HDD , end result still eqauls new SDD.

"you don't need new windows, a PC which has win 10 on it now can reinstall without needing a new licence"

This is a consideration after buying a new SDD (using my old product key) ,but the option currently to install to a PC with windows already on it ends in a cancel only message (excuse me for not knowing it quote for qoute)

Possibly solves having to buy a new Windows , but this computers drives are locked out. I am becoming paranoid it was just hacked.

I don't know.

Thank you for your repy.
I appreciate help and ideas.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I have tried installing to every available partition none of which are unallocated or available ?.
have you removed all partitions on the drive and clicked next? Its best to only have unallocated space on drive and let windows make the partitions it needs again.

This is a consideration after buying a new SDD (using my old product key) ,but the option currently to install to a PC with windows already on it ends in a cancel only message

have you tried a clean install? wipe windows off the drive before installing on it.

boot from installer
follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Yeah, you prpobably want a new SSD, I was just offering hdd as an alternative while you wait for ssd.

Reactions: PointThreeOEight

PointThreeOEight

Prominent
Aug 19, 2019
Sorry I have had a lot of other things I needed to tend to before coming back to my PC being dead.

Just before I make a move on thos issue let me ask if its the wau to go ?.

A: I can go through warranty and shipping and deal with a ton of hassle or...

B: I can buy a new SSD.

Ok so I am out $100 no big deal but what I want to know is are there other factors to consider regarding software that may be seriously influencing this issue to begin with ?.

Deal with <Mod Edit> wrranty RMA ,shipping,wait times,

Or spend 110 and install new SSD anr game happy again..

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
C: All of the above.

If you buy a new ssd, no reason not to rma old one and get a replacement and use both.

Causes of Error Code 0x80070057
If you come across error code 0x80070057, it means there was a problem with your storage solution, whether it's a hard drive or SSD. This might be because you've attempted to install something that's too large for the drive and you've run out of space, or you're trying to copy files to the drive and they've run out of room.

Installing Windows is also a common time to see this error code appear. If your storage solution doesn't have enough space or isn't using the right file system for the version of Windows you're installing, error code 0x80070057 can appear. Similarly, when installing Windows updates, if there's a storage issue, these (occasionally large) installations can trigger this particularly frustrating error.

If your hard drive is particularly old, or you've been playing around with partitions, it's possible that one of your partitions is corrupted. Trying to install or copy data to any part of that partition might throw up error 0x80070057 as the disk struggles to write the information to it.

https://www.lifewire.com/fix-error-code-0x80070057-4691502

Seems to be clear its the ssd