Question My Windows 10 editing PC is suddenly unusable. HELP

KAGAN89

Commendable
Mar 17, 2017
So my PC has become unusable this evening. I installed Davinci Resolve Studio, no issues - I am 99% sure this had nothing to do with it. A couple of hours later, I'm in Resolve and the timeline started scrolling to the left when I hovered the cursor over it (I wasn't clicking or pressing any keys, just hovering) I go into Chrome and when I hover over the tabs at the top of the screen they start cycling through. All Windows apps like setting and device mgmt scroll to the bottom of their pages as soon as the cursor is over them.

I've changed the batteries in wireless mouse and keyboard. I've plugged in and out the bluetooth receiver. I've tested mouse and keyboard in laptop without issue. No drivers need updating. No updates have happened in the last few days in either windows or Nvidia. I've performed a full system restore back to before installing Resolve. Nothing has solved the problem.

I'm completely at a loss and the PC is literally unusable.

PLEASE HELP ME!

KAGAN89

Commendable
Mar 17, 2017
Thankyou for responses. Ran Malwarebytes - nothing detected. Been through every single fix posted in that thread, plus a full system restore. Nothing. Completely out of ideas.

Have you tried a wired mouse? Might be a Bluetooth issue. Have you tried booting into Safe Mode to see the problem persists.

edit; I see Davinci Resolve Studio has drivers for a special keyboard that also controls the mouse cursor. Have you tried uninstalling Davinci Resolve Studio to see if the problem persists..

Last edited: