[SOLVED] My Windows 10 is corrupted, not updatable, and can't boot in safe mode ?

yargd

Commendable
Jan 9, 2021
I don't know I got a powerful virus or not, but my OS seem to be corrupted. There is an update, but it runs to 96% and stop and undo the changes.
I scanned with Avast and Malwarebytes and no threat. Please help.
2ed5133b-c640-4fd6-8dc3-3e670b5747b7

I can't boot to safe mode even in msconfig. It WON'T even let me click on Safe mode.
exit-safe-mode-msconfig-windows-10.jpg

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Here is another way to try to get to Safe Mode.

Boot to the Command Prompt of your boot disk ). Enter these BOLD commands and press ENTER after each.

(Note the colon after C with no space; then the spaces which are important - one after T before / & T before { & } before B & Y before L)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY

EXIT

You are back to the boot screen -> Shutdown the computer.

Boot back up and "immediately" start tapping F8 (That means power button - then F8).

Hopefully that should get you into Safe Mode.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To reverse that you can use the same steps and type these (again note spaces)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY STANDARD

Restart but F8 will not work now.

if you can get into safe mode, I would roll back previous update or run
right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

yargd

Commendable
Jan 9, 2021
Here is another way to try to get to Safe Mode.

Boot to the Command Prompt of your boot disk ). Enter these BOLD commands and press ENTER after each.

(Note the colon after C with no space; then the spaces which are important - one after T before / & T before { & } before B & Y before L)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY

EXIT

I tried everything and they all failed. I used the CMD from my USB installer, but none of the commands worked. I tried Startup Repair, and Restore, and none of them work.

I THINK I GOT A RANSOMWARE WHICH BLOCK EVERYTHING FROM REMOVING INT. PLEASE HELP ME.

hG5anr2pSwxW9qnDUQ2qTHAc_F-E85qt4GpNK2YPUuWmlI_8rto8HN_1dtcH5MMYa4AR-78q18GnLIg8I3Z_q6llmVZYFKcKbjSWBTmeD-hJfHaLhxYa4UOXHTMJbAZ0UXUA5zWEHKBRvIRaJpon2e-BGO0h8ypnuIUOfn2VyTf2eOzx8IVbvvtdT_UjkOIyF__mSYekeW-N7bkuoUXiu9iR94TghIq1GfM0eIQC2cq5xMu7FLhqAeRlw51Fj9Ad_HDcMj87KTqzowlc1-1NHw-tU31QKu7uovwbahFAU_J5qQh8KE8Qd8DJqTSbHYSCak6VXYAzqlkXV27vA99_NDSdhnmW49HQOp2rSskxHyk8JVMSeYnfjOfyw7T5TUTUjkID5ccp4gPKHK77s9Tbe_R8LacVq9EJQeZBxtrF6Yt7a8fL-k3-EO1Bg8_BwxdKaV6wB1vle2gI99XdO865dduUjnDxeTAMbnMAyoxfCeNJFnP3uFW-mHyVlcTY_tzVY8Zg67_cOxHb2G-pjWfDZkIGxQSEPSWPZFtmZjPWWK7rB3JTfuQDXFwljRCIH5EMlNZiNiCCfjRvEtpkIXn_r1viY6pGZ8thRboVDNSIAFk3DDxmfFpl_bqz2yv4zHSMFTePzi6s6c8hPYDX539HdGgLUZXWIfGJbd6SmLZrh2vhvEgu5Y-a3LWmNnuD-0_2xkpWpjg2KUxKkJX0iATMt9nJj-XG6jkiTThRz3imwCTZWJl2YEATpG995LsjRhm4Fb8xs_aKZqwV6YwqEwYwipnnNd_IHDQn4UU=w1227-h920-no

Colif

Win 11 Master
the repair commands are for powershell, not command prompt. thats why they didn't work.

Interesting the safe mode thing didn't work.

I don't see any signs of ransomware there.

in command prompt
type notepad and press enter

in notepad, select file>open

Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or another hdd

you might need to clean install to fix it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution