[SOLVED] my windows crash if my ram runs 3600mhz but it don't if its 3200mhz

Jul 2, 2021
high guys 3 days ago i bought new ram from g.skill trident z neo 3600mhz cl18
my cpu is ryzen 2600 , when i run windows and the ram is at 3600mhz it gives me blue screen and also i tested it with memtest86 and also gives me tons of errors , but when i put it at 3200mhz there is no blue screen nor errors in memtest86 , is my ram bad or is it because my cpu dosn't support 3600mhz , please tell me so if my ram is bad i shall return it and replace it

Solution
Keep your thoughts on one thread, you've got too many on the forums;

Your processor can do DDR4-3200MHz comfortably but you might need to go into manual mode and tinker with the timings and voltages to get to DDR40-600MHz but your results might vary. No, going and buying another ram kit won't help since your limitation can and will be your memory controller if the tweaking with your own ram kit doesn't allow you to go to DDR4-3600MHz in spite of high voltages or laxed timings.

instead of chasing frequency, why don't you try and tighten the timings on...

Lutfij

Titan
Keep your thoughts on one thread, you've got too many on the forums;

Your processor can do DDR4-3200MHz comfortably but you might need to go into manual mode and tinker with the timings and voltages to get to DDR40-600MHz but your results might vary. No, going and buying another ram kit won't help since your limitation can and will be your memory controller if the tweaking with your own ram kit doesn't allow you to go to DDR4-3600MHz in spite of high voltages or laxed timings.

instead of chasing frequency, why don't you try and tighten the timings on your ram kit?

Solution