[SOLVED] my windows freezes for around 5 seconds every hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpg

Reputable
Feb 18, 2016
i dont know what happened but every 1 to 2 hours my computer started freezing for a couple of seconds. also it redetects my speakers . its really annoying. does anyone know why this can be happening? Sometimes i need to unplug/plug my speakers for it to work again. (i tried both motherboard and case plugs)

pc:
i5 8600k
16gig ram
1070gtx
evo nvme disk with a couple of more hdds
750w gold psu
corsair aio and 3 case fans
so i doubt its because of the heat.
it doesnt happen when i use resource consuming tasks. it happens every hour.
its really annoying because in addition to it happening while i surf the web it happens while i play competitively and causes a lot of dmg.
please need help.

Solution
Use Reliability History and Event Viewer to look for error codes and warnings that correspond with the times of the freezes.

Use Resource Monitor and Task Manager (just one at a time) to observe system performance.

Leave the window open to one side and watch what your system is doing. You may spot some resource bottleneck and then be able to note what app, process, or service is involved. Could be some app trying and failing to backup, upgrade, or simply "phone home".

Check Task Manager Startup for apps being launched at boot time.

And take a look at Task Scheduler - lots of things starting to get added in there....

Just look and do not jump to conclusions: research anything you find or note.

Identify the problem first before...

Ralston18

Titan
Use Reliability History and Event Viewer to look for error codes and warnings that correspond with the times of the freezes.

Use Resource Monitor and Task Manager (just one at a time) to observe system performance.

Leave the window open to one side and watch what your system is doing. You may spot some resource bottleneck and then be able to note what app, process, or service is involved. Could be some app trying and failing to backup, upgrade, or simply "phone home".

Check Task Manager Startup for apps being launched at boot time.

And take a look at Task Scheduler - lots of things starting to get added in there....

Just look and do not jump to conclusions: research anything you find or note.

Identify the problem first before applying any fixes.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.