[SOLVED] My windows recovery enviroment options are messed up please help

Solution
I did everything ZZzzzz nothing only those 2 options are available what happened to recovery and all lol man this Windows :'( I think only I have this issue

Colif

Win 11 Master
see if this helps

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

spacing is important on 2nd command, if you get an error 87, you haven't got spacing right. If it asks for source, I will need to ask more questions

Colif

Win 11 Master
If it asks for source, are you on latest version of win 10?
right click start
choose run...
type winver
current version is 1809 or 1803.

If you are on 1803 the source fix will be difficult as it needs an ISO that matches your install version and the current ISO on WIn 10 web site is 1803. I would suggest updating to 1809, it might fix this. Go to here and click 1st link to get the Upgrade assistant, Run it and will update you.

if you are on 1809 now, follow this:
Download a copy of the win 10 iso from Here - create ISO by telling it you want to make DVD - and then mount that ISO in file explorer (see Here) and then copy paste the below command into command prompt (admin)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

Reactions: Virtualbaba
Feb 19, 2019
I did everything ZZzzzz nothing only those 2 options are available what happened to recovery and all lol man this Windows :'( I think only I have this issue

Solution
Feb 19, 2019
Jesus I have to reinstall my Iso ? damn even if I have all my files they will be in windoes.old and all my drivers will be outdated haha damn anyway thanks for your help man

poor fella with broken win10
anubhav

Colif

Win 11 Master
My next step would have been to see if you had a recovery partition, as its possible you didn't.

I could have also suggested booting off the Win 10 installer and run cmd on it

Seems you took the hard route.

Wonder why your thread was marked as solved when neither of us did it?

Your drivers shouldn't be old, Windows goes looking for the newest drivers it can find for hardware and its got a pretty big database of drivers now since every hardware maker has to submit its drivers to MS to get them digitally signed to work with 10.

Sorry you reinstalled without me replying.

TRENDING THREADS