My wireless adapter is not enabling, any help?

frozbozz

Honorable
Aug 25, 2013
Hey guys!

So I've just reconnected my desktop computer after moving houses and not having anywhere to put it. Our router is in another room though, and I can't find the cable I was using before which would be long enough to go from my current room to the room the router is in. Thankfully, my PC's motherboard comes built in with a wireless adapter and so I used that when I first connected and everything was working fine. Then, out of nowhere without messing with any of my settings, the wi-fi signal goes dead and all available networks disappear. So I went into my available network connections (bluetooth, local area network and then wireless network) and see that my wireless is indeed not connected.

Here's where I made a mistake, I right-clicked on the wireless network icon in an attempt to disable it and then re-enable it in the hopes that something would show up. It disables fine, but then when I tried to re-enable it nothing happened. I tried a few more times and then suddenly the icon disappeared altogether! I tried restarting my computer but had no luck.I went into my device manager to see if it was there, but there was nothing but the bluetooth adapters and a realtek PCIe GBE Family controller. So I tried showing hidden devices and low and behold it appears, but the icon is faded and when I click on it and get into its properties, there's no option for enabling it. Now I'm stuck. Any help?

Solution
It sounds like it could be a hardware problem. The good news is that you can buy a USB WiFi adapter and use that. Just be sure it comes with a Windows 10 compatible driver.

Good luck.