My wireless USB adapter (brandless. generic 802.11n usb 2.0/3.0 adapter) connects and disconnects every second.

Apr 14, 2018
Its basically brand new. I could not connect to any network as it would disappear and appear every second from device manager. the windows sound also plays every second . I have tried mediatek and realtek drivers which were both in the cd provided. the result was same.
oddly enough, when plugged in the device would not let me complete the boot animation when turning off or on the PC.

Solution
Run the Windows 10 built-in troubleshooters. May find and fix something.

Try using an USB extension cable to raise the USB adapter up and about. May improve signal transmission and reception.

May also help ensure that the physical connection between adapter and USB port is snug and tight.

Where did you get the USB adapter? The packaging may provide a clue as to what company actually made the adapter.

Also, with the adapter plugged in, run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command prompt and post the results.

ipconfig will include a description of the adapter - that information may help identify the correct driver to download, install and configure.

Ralston18

Titan
Run the Windows 10 built-in troubleshooters. May find and fix something.

Try using an USB extension cable to raise the USB adapter up and about. May improve signal transmission and reception.

May also help ensure that the physical connection between adapter and USB port is snug and tight.

Where did you get the USB adapter? The packaging may provide a clue as to what company actually made the adapter.

Also, with the adapter plugged in, run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command prompt and post the results.

ipconfig will include a description of the adapter - that information may help identify the correct driver to download, install and configure.

Solution

ronpar

Reputable
Aug 17, 2016
I had problem with my Internet always dropping would have to go and unplug my router then plug it back in sometimes helped but not for long. I call my isp provider and they had to clear my data. They said it had to do with me say using wifi on my phone somewhere else then coming home and switching back to mine or using a vpn, they said I had to many ip address logging into my wifi is what it amount to. They cleared it, and it solved my problem! or You can refresh ip Yourself by doing the following
In Windows:
1. Open Start
2. Go to command prompt
3. Type: ipconfig press Enter
4. Type: ipconfig/release press Enter.
5. Type: ipconfig/renew press Enter.

Hope this helps You!