My Word Program STOP working-All other programs work!

Should I reinstall from the Windows software disk to fix this problem? I
cleared more memory on my hard drive and installed some updates. The error
message says something about "Cd rom, Application Hang and Application
Error". I've used this software for years with no problem. Please call me
at (213) 989-1861 ASAP. Thanks.

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/Sandra Crockett/ said:

> Should I reinstall from the Windows software disk to fix this problem? I
> cleared more memory on my hard drive and installed some updates. The error
> message says something about "Cd rom, Application Hang and Application
> Error". I've used this software for years with no problem.

Grab the WORD installation disk, stick it into the drive and choose a
REPAIR installation. Or, alternatively, a reinstallation.

This is a peer-group support forum - folks just like yourself helping
others. Answers are found in the group, often threaded under the original
query - depending upon how you have chosen to sort and display, and
whether you use a WEB interface to the group, or a newsgroup reader.
HELP files can tell you more.

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org

keith

First of all Word is not part of the Windows application it is a member of
Microsoft Office Microsoft Works or a stand alone
There fore you would need to get that disk
It is possible that you have a restore disk from your PC manufacturer which
would have the program on it also
When you say it is not working what do you mean
Does it not open or are files not opening or what

What version of Word are you talking about

2ndly this is a help forum do not expect anyone to call you
Keith
"Sandra Crockett" <Sandra Crockett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7C8C0D5A-A02B-49FB-AB87-2DB54E1AF422@microsoft.com...
> Should I reinstall from the Windows software disk to fix this problem? I
> cleared more memory on my hard drive and installed some updates. The
> error
> message says something about "Cd rom, Application Hang and Application
> Error". I've used this software for years with no problem. Please call
> me
> at (213) 989-1861 ASAP. Thanks.

A surprising number of Word problems can be fixed by deleting (or renaming
if you're cautious) the "normal.dot" standard template. Worth a try.
Search (and include hidden & system files).

--
## PH, London