[SOLVED] My xbox one controller won't sync to my pc when i plug a micro USB into it?

Nuplar

Honorable
Mar 26, 2019
I have been using the same cable and controller for about a month now. It was fine until earlier today whenever I tried to play with it. I plugged it in and it wouldn't connect. It would just blink constantly and eventually turn off. I have tried unplugging the cable from my pc and my controller, but it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated!

Solution
Have you tried updating the software? I know windows can be a fickled thing and as soon as they decide they want to update something, Something will break and stop working.

You can easily find the software in the MS Store, assuming you are on windows Open up store and look for Xbox Accessories. You will need to do this with a Cable as they don't like doing it over Bluetooth witch seems won't be an issue for you.

IF that doesn't work can you also give a bit more details about what games you are playing with it on what platform. I have several platforms I play on one of them being Steam. there can be some issues there as well.

Edit: forgot to post a link to a Guide on how to update...

TangoDown87

Prominent
Jun 27, 2021
Have you tried updating the software? I know windows can be a fickled thing and as soon as they decide they want to update something, Something will break and stop working.

You can easily find the software in the MS Store, assuming you are on windows Open up store and look for Xbox Accessories. You will need to do this with a Cable as they don't like doing it over Bluetooth witch seems won't be an issue for you.

IF that doesn't work can you also give a bit more details about what games you are playing with it on what platform. I have several platforms I play on one of them being Steam. there can be some issues there as well.

Edit: forgot to post a link to a Guide on how to update.

Solution

Nuplar

Honorable
Mar 26, 2019

Edit: forgot to post a link to a Guide on how to update.
Whenever i plug my controller in with the cable, It doesn't pop up in Xbox accessories for a update. It just blinks constantly