[SOLVED] Mybook file properties details tab empty

Apr 24, 2021
I am having an issue with my Western Digital Mybook. If I have a video file on my hard drive C, right click on it, choose properties then the details tab it is populated with all info about the file.
If I now move this file to the Mybook, right click on it, choose properties then in the details tab every field is blank.
Is there a way to correct this so I can see all file details from within the Mybook? Thank you.

Solution
I'm not an expert on what all appended data is /can be exchanged between filesystems, but am merely speculating as to a potential cause...

Does the Mybook give the option as to NTFS formats? If so, try that..
Windows may allow for more extraneous data appended to info about files on C: drive.

There might not be as detailed records kept for other drives, and, especially so if the external drive is perhaps using a different file system (for instance, EXT4 vice NTFS)

Apr 24, 2021
There might not be as detailed records kept for other drives, and, especially so if the external drive is perhaps using a different file system (for instance, EXT4 vice NTFS)

The Mybook is formatted as EXT4 and the C: drive is formatted as NTFS. So does this mean there is no way around this unless I reformat the Mybook as NTFS?