MyDigitalSSD First To Retail Phison E8 NVMe SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpe1701

Honorable
I am also looking forward to the review. I have an open m.2 slot on my x370 taichi that only runs at pcie 2.0x4 so this could potentially be a good inexpensive drive for it.

I guess I don't get the excitement over these parts when, for example, the 256GB model gets only about half the sequential read, 200MBps slower sequential write, maybe 80% as fast random read and 60% random write as the Samsung 960 EVO 250GB?

A longer warranty is nice, but I'm not sure I want to keep a performance oriented drive an extra two years if it can't perform anywhere near as fast as another drive that is only 17 dollars more. Anybody interested in these drives is likely a specific kind of enthusiast and will probably want to replace it with something else within 3 years anyhow.

What am I missing when the only thing this drive has going for it is a longer warranty?

jpe1701

Honorable

I was specifically looking at the 512gb because my second m.2 slot is only pcie 2.0x4 and doesn't accept sata so it would make a good inexpensive drive for games.

The 250GB 960 EVO has been sitting at 117.00 for the last six months to a year. Been looking at it all month thinking to pick one up. Now that you ask about it both Newegg and Amazon have raised prices on it considerably. I'd think this likely to go back down after the holiday sales. I hope. I knew I should have picked one up while they were sitting at that price.

B&H has them for about 125 bucks.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&O=&Q=&ap=y&c3api=1876%2C%7Bcreative%7D%2C%7Bkeyword%7D&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxvnnhLjB1wIVif5kCh3nBAnlEAYYASABEgIWGPD_BwE&is=REG&m=Y&sku=1288023

coutch

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
Anyone else noticed the battery life results in recent reviews (M9PE, pm981) include the SBX 512GB ?

Status
Not open for further replies.