MyDigitalSSD Offers USB-Compatible NVMe SSD Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2018
There's a new chip out from JMicron that does the USB to PCIe conversion, so these are starting to pop up. There's about a dozen of them on Amazon now - search for JMS583.

Sep 18, 2018
I have had one for a year already. Easy to find online in Aliexpress for $13. No heat sink though but you would only want that for really huge transfers.

stdragon

Admirable

Right, but I'm seeing them all listed for around $50+ and go north from there. The cheaper ones in the $20 range are only for the SSD M.2 verity.

mikewinddale

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2016
Yes, finally! I have a laptop with only one M.2 slot and I've wanted to upgrade the NVMe SSD but I knew that cloning my drive would be difficult. Whenever I upgrade a SATA drive, I just connect the new drive to a USB enclosure, clone, and then swap the two SATA drives. Now I can finally do the same with my NMVe drive! Yay!

mikewinddale

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2016
Yes! Finally! This lets me easily clone my laptop's current NVMe SSD to a new one without having to use a bunch of workarounds. Since I have only one NVMe slot, I thought it was going to be a real hassle to clone one to the other. Now it won't be!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS