MyDigitalSSD SBX NVMe SSD Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice review! There are always products that could have been included, like the Intel 760p.

Yeah.... based on the performance & overall picture - it's a "pass" for me. I'd stick with the BPX or the other higher performing NVMe drives.

Brian_R170

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014
Totally agree on the Intel 760p missing from the comparisons. Curiously enough, if you go look at the 512MB 760p review from a few weeks ago, the MyDigitalSSD SBX is included on a couple of the Bapco graphs, yet the 760p is completely missing from this review. The 512GB 760p appears to be a much better performing product all around and especially at low queue depths, but with a very similar price.

CRamseyer

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015

CES played games with our release schedule and the 760p wasn't available when we wrote this one. Going forward both drives will be in the low-cost NVMe charts.

CRamseyer

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015
Wait, I thought it was only Intel that paid off Tom's Hardware?

We dropped the ball here but not because we were paid, loyalty to a company or anything nefarious.

I'm dealing with this issue right now in another article that covers RAID. I have to write one today but I can't include another product that is under NDA and coming in a couple of weeks. One article has a NDA date and the other doesn't. Ideally, the non-NDA review will come out first but something may come up, like other NDA reviews in other categories. It happens sometimes.

If you look back at the timing, we had the two CPU vulnerabilities and every project came to a standstill to figure out your exposure. What was the number one reported performance issue in the early news cycle? Storage performance. Sprinkle in CES and it was a perfect storm that we rarely encounter.

ev3rm0r3

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
For that price point, why.... my 2 year old 961 still lays this down without thinking about it. Call me not impressed with new drives and their price tags.

jpe1701

Honorable
I just picked one up for a game drive. They are down to sata prices over on mydigitaldiscount. I have a pm961 for my os and app drive so I didn't need anything that fast for my second slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts