MyDigitalSSD's BPX Pro M.2 NVMe SSDs Debut With Up to 2TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewinddale

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2016
"The E12 controller also supports AES-256, TCG Opal and TCG Pyrite encryption (for secure file access)"

Can we get a short guide to encryption for home users? I have a desktop computer with all my financial data on it (e.g. Social Security, bank accounts), and I don't want a robber who breaks into my house and steals my computer to have access.

So what are my options? Windows 10 Pro has BitLocker, but most drives aren't eDrive. So that's software encryption, and it's slower.

I can use a boot HDD password, but I'm not sure how secure that is. Does TCG interface with the boot ATA security? What about for an NVMe drive? Does that use ATA security?

I know there's third party software, like WinMagic. But that's more money and complexity.

Can we get a guide for regular folks who want reasonable security at a reasonable price?

Sep 5, 2018
Will have a slc cache like the new toshiba 6 cause that enforces lies, as the max write speed is using tye cache only for a few seconds or GB,s so please take care, also dont use q1t32 like on crystql 6, use trie sequential tools like 5.5 crystal and use sayb32gb files to test and avoid slc cache

seanwebster

Contributing Writer
Editor
Aug 30, 2018

The XG6's write performance isn't a lie. Almost every new TLC based SSD out today utilize an SLC cache for write acceleration. Some have larger ones, some have smaller ones. The XG6 simply has a smaller one. And even so, its native to TLC write performance at the 1TB capacity is really fast. 1500MB/s is faster than the 970 EVO, ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11, WD Black, Plextor M9Pe, Intel 660P, and faster than any SATA SSD. Besides that in order to actually saturate that, you need an equally as fast drive/array to write to it, which isn't that common.

Crystal Disk Mark 6 allows you to test at QD1, which you can see in the review.

Status
Not open for further replies.