hello,

i was reviewing the specs for this software and on this page
http://www.sonic.com/products/mydvd/mydvd/whatsnew.asp <all the way at the
bottom> noticed that external dvd drive are only supported by the deluxe
suite version. am i understanding this correctly? i am doing to buy a dvd
external drive, so if i wanted to burn dvd's with this software, i would
have to purchase the most expensive version of it?

thank you.
--
Indera
* * * * * * * * * *

Send Sonic an email and ask..... you probably don't want to spend the extra
$s if you can avoid it!
www.coribright.com

"Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> i was reviewing the specs for this software and on this page
> http://www.sonic.com/products/mydvd/mydvd/whatsnew.asp <all the way at the
> bottom> noticed that external dvd drive are only supported by the deluxe
> suite version. am i understanding this correctly? i am doing to buy a dvd
> external drive, so if i wanted to burn dvd's with this software, i would
> have to purchase the most expensive version of it?
>
> thank you.
> --
> Indera
> * * * * * * * * * *
> Don't just live life.
> Live life well.

thanks cari,

i sent then an email, but didn't hear back from them, which is why i posted
the message here.

--
Indera
* * * * * * * * * *

: Send Sonic an email and ask..... you probably don't want to spend the
extra
: $s if you can avoid it!
: --
: Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
: www.coribright.com
:
: "Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
: news:uwhNCGpwEHA.3292@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
: > hello,
: >
: > i was reviewing the specs for this software and on this page
: > http://www.sonic.com/products/mydvd/mydvd/whatsnew.asp <all the way at
the
: > bottom> noticed that external dvd drive are only supported by the deluxe
: > suite version. am i understanding this correctly? i am doing to buy a
dvd
: > external drive, so if i wanted to burn dvd's with this software, i would
: > have to purchase the most expensive version of it?
: >
: > thank you.
: > --
: > Indera
: > * * * * * * * * * *
: > Don't just live life.
: > Live life well.
: >
: >
: >
: >
:
:
:

Hello,

II have the same problem with Sonic. I wrote them twice and they didn't
respond. I also called them and left them a message...Nothing.. are they
intereseted on selling their products?

"Dr. Indera" wrote:

> hello,
>
> i was reviewing the specs for this software and on this page
> http://www.sonic.com/products/mydvd/mydvd/whatsnew.asp <all the way at the
> bottom> noticed that external dvd drive are only supported by the deluxe
> suite version. am i understanding this correctly? i am doing to buy a dvd
> external drive, so if i wanted to burn dvd's with this software, i would
> have to purchase the most expensive version of it?
>
> thank you.
> --
> Indera
> * * * * * * * * * *
> Don't just live life.
> Live life well.

hello,

either they are swamped with messages and are short staffed or they don't
care.
neither is very good.

i don't want to call because that doesn't preserve my rights under the law.
if i have it in writing that i don't need to buy the most expensive version
and it doesn't work, by law they have to give me all of my money back, no
questions asked, even if they answered my question incorrectly.

many merchants charge a restocking fee on software and other computer
related items.

--
Indera
* * * * * * * * * *

"medsky44" <medsky44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Hello,
:
: II have the same problem with Sonic. I wrote them twice and they didn't
: respond. I also called them and left them a message...Nothing.. are they
: intereseted on selling their products?
: C
:
: "Dr. Indera" wrote:
:
: > hello,
: >
[...]

I find Nero's Vision Express 2 satisfactory for doing the capture but I have
not been able to clip the commercials out and have a clean episode of a
movie or say 6 twenty minute (after clipping) episodes of a serial. So the
editing functionality of Vision Express is not satisfactory.
Sonic's Vegas which came along with the DVD and MY DVD software is supposed
to be for editing but it does not let me even open an mpeg file and asks me
to get an add-on for being able to open captured mpeg files for editing. I
don't know why they did not give a working version of Vegas along with the
DVD. It looks like a gold-digging operation to give half-baked software and
ask users to pay for upgrades every year or two.
I am looking for a freeware package which will let me edit the captured
video mpeg files.
Until then my DVD Writer remains idle.

P. Jayant

http://www.ardice.com/Computers/Software/Internet/Clients/Chat/Instant_Messaging/Add-on_Software/