MYR/RM 4000 ( or about $1250 dollar ) gaming rig :D

teothoyang

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Hi all :D. Im a student and i've only built one rig before this ( in 2006 way back and i was like 15 so built it super cheaply -_-, which caused the machine to start having persistent problems after a year... and components spoilt after maybe 1.5 years ). Im guessing i made the wrong choices going for a cheap PSU and maybe other stuff.. so im gonna ask u all for help :D. Thank you in advanced :)

Approximate Purchase Date: Middle to end of february 2011 ) about a month and a half from now

Budget Range: RM 4000 ( This is the Malaysian currency, approximately $1250 US dollars ) for the RIG and a monitor :)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (Gaming, gaming, gaming, movies, surfing net)

Parts Not Required: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, headset but i might want some speakers )

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Im from malaysia, and I am following this price list :
http://assets.hardwarezone.com/retailer_pricelist/Cycom_Sales_&_Service_98.pdf

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU as I heard it performs great on games ( I dont mind slower other stuff as I mainly want to game only )

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: YES But in the future. My budget now is too fit in just one card, and maybe upgrade to put in another card in the future :D

Monitor Resolution: I dunno but Id like a 20 inch monitor at least :/, ive only gamed on a very old 15 inch monitor which I wanna upgrade

Additional Comments: I dont mind my case looking like crap. I just need the entire RIG, a monitor ( > 20 inches ) and I hope my rig will last for a good 3 years :D ( dont mind playing new games on low setting on 3rd year )

PS: There is a combo deal offered by the shop that i gave the pricelist of. Its rm 3099 for :
Intel Quad Core i5 2500k 3.30Ghz OC
Asus P8Z68-V Mainboard
8GB Kingston 1600Mhz Hyper-X Memory
1.0TB Sata 6.0 System Harddisk
22X DVDRW / CDRW DRIVE
Asus Geforce GTX560 TI 1GB Top
7.1 Surround Sound card
Gigabit Internet Lan Port
CM HAF 912 ATX Casing
620W Seasonic Power Supply

is this ok? thank you in advanced again

Actually that computer for rm 3099 is very good. Very popular components - the i5 - Asus P8Z68 is also very popular and has a very good power supply - 620w Seasonic. I would definately reccomend getting it.

As for an LCD screen - i would try and get a LED-LCD screen in that range (20-24"). Since that computer doesn't have a very strong graphics card - something like a 1920x1080P LCD screen would do, or even 1920x1200 if you can find em.

teothoyang

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
thank you chainsaw... Is it possible for me to SLI with that built? From what i have heard all i gotta do is get another 560 ti and a better psu to support it? ( i intend to do this when i have the funds )

Also may i know if that built can handle latest games like skyrim or bf3 at high settings? Or is it too demanding?

Thanks in advanced again