I'm at my wits end with this. About two weeks ago, I started experiencing periodic blue screens. Generally they were either out of page or another relatively generic one that I don't remember. Since then, I've exhausted so many strategies to try and fix this that I'm exhausted.
- Ran updates
- Checked and updated all drivers
- Did a clean install of the driver for the graphics card
- Ran scannow and chkdsk.
- Reset bios settings to default to insure ram wasn't overclocking. (it was already at default)
- Ran memtest. It reported about fifty errors within a minute that the ram was not writing /retrieving numbers accurately at multiple locations.
- Tested each ram stick individually (still returned memtest errors)
- Tried the old stick I'd been using last year. It never had a problem. Not only did it return errors, it crashed.
- Tried sticks in different slots.
- At this point, fairly confident the issue wasn't the ram, I replaced the mother board. Though there was no sign of leakage or blown capacitors, it was four years old and had gotten dusty in the move. Replaced cpu fan and power supply too. Still errors.
- Removed the graphics card to make sure it wasn't causing the errors. Still errors.
- Ran an Intel cpu test. It checked out fine.
- Updated bios and reset to defaults again. Still errors.
- Going back to ram, I bought two new sticks. Still errors.
- Cpu: intel i3 8100
- Mother board : Asus prime b365m-a
- Ram : corsair vengeance 2x16gb 3200mhz (current), crucial 8gb (original), crucial ballistic 2x16gb 3200 (new tested).
- Storage: Samsung sata ssd 500gb
- Power source : evg 600w bronze
- Graphics card: nvidia geforce 1060
- Running Windows 10