Question Mystery button on motherboard. Sony vaio svf15n17cxb.

Mar 2, 2019
Ok so I've opened this relic up for the 100th time and I still haven't found one person, piece of literature or errant line of code that can tell me wtf this button is for. Any help would be... well, helpful. Sony was useless. The unintelligible foreigner that works for the holdings co. that bought the "VAIO" brand was even more useless. (I shot the moon on that attempt.) Tried 3 other forums before my quest landed me here. All worthless. I actually feel dumber for having read the responses. So, help me obi-wan kenobi. You're my only hope. I have pictures. I can't for the life of me, remember how to give them a url. So theres that too...

Mar 2, 2019
Ok so I've opened this relic up for the 100th time and I still haven't found one person, piece of literature or errant line of code that can tell me wtf this button is for. Any help would be... well, helpful. Sony was useless. The unintelligible foreigner that works for the holdings co. that bought the "VAIO" brand was even more useless. (I shot the moon on that attempt.) Tried 3 other forums before my quest landed me here. All worthless. I actually feel dumber for having read the responses. So, help me obi-wan kenobi. You're my only hope. I have pictures. I can't for the life of me, remember how to give them a url. So theres that too...
https://prntscr.com/msdd12

Mar 2, 2019
It clicked. It didn't do anything immediately, but when I held it for a few seconds and released it, it sounded like an hdd spooling up, but only for an instant. Thing is the hard drive is on the other side of the board. Also it's a hybrid drive. It barely makes any noise. When it does, it doesn't sound anything like what I heard. Any idea what the purpose would be, if it is a battery reset? In my experience pulling the battery usually resets and the bios(f-ing it up normally) this thing runs UEFI instead of a legacy bios. I can't honestly say I know what killing the power will do to a uefi setup.