Question Mystery graphics card

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I'd guess they salvaged that from some laptop or maybe a motherboard with an integrated GPU.

Likely a Fermi based GPU, something like a GTS450 or thereabouts.

If you could fire up GPU-Z and get the shader count and other information, could probably be more precise. I did find a few GPU-Z screenshots from a few others that were similar to that ID number.

Remeca

Reputable
Could you explain the to me like I'm 5?
Some factory in China gets a large quantity of old GTS 450s or other obsolete card, harvest the GPU dies, solder them onto new boards with cheap heatsinks and shrouds, and load them with a modified bios to report as the card it is faking, amount of VRAM, etc. Sometimes flashing an original bios can "fix" it, but you're still left with a useless card because it can only use basic display adapter drivers with an original bios, and even if it had proper drivers, it would be pretty useless for gaming, certainly compared to what it was advertised as.

Stoutscientist

Prominent
Dec 13, 2021
I'm pretty sure it's a 550 ti, so maybe not totally useless. And I might be able to use it for a cheap server. I'll look into the bios once I get my server a new power supply (the old one partially works because the fan spins and the light turns on but it's not giving enough power for some reason anymore)