Mystery in Windows 10

quantico

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2010
I created a new folder and pasted in it the string GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}. Folder works fine but instead to see only his name as "GodMode" I see the whole string "GodMode. {ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}"
Any suggestions to fix it?

[EDIT] I did not understand how it is possible but now is OK. The folder name is changed in GodMode and not the entire string as before. How is it possible?

Jonny9781

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Sorry this ain't a proposed solution, chipping it (contesting the above) as I'm having it on windows 7 (64-bit??)

I use differencing-disks to manage my virtual volumes, and have noticed this bug. It's a bona-fide mystery -

I thought I'd found a fix. During a test, booting into a FRESH build (not a single driver install or reg tweak), I created a new user account (on one of many builds exhibiting the bug). Not affected, I assumed it was an HKCU issue, began rolling back... discovered the bug APPEARED fixed**, and made a point to try this 'create new user profile' weird fix (that fixes the affected, main user profile).

It didn't. New user account on another build also exhibits full.{name}, and re the fixed ^ account (that I'm considering making my new base, JUST so I don't have this annoyance...) still exhibits some symptoms of sickness (it's completely erratic, from what I've observed).

After a rollback, the symptoms aren't exhibited... but I'd rather not roll all the way back, just for tis (plus what if it reoccurs? ie not ideal 'solution' - rollback-workaround)

I'd love to try a competent, advanced, maybe-multi reg-hive comparison... but don't know how to do this @ like-system(s) level, without getting a W&P-style report...

Thoughts?