[SOLVED] Mystery part came with computer case.

Jul 11, 2020
pnucqULtp

This small piece came with my Cooler Master Masterbox Pro 5 RGB. The manual is very unhelpful and doesn't say what it is called or what it is used for. Does anyone recognize what it could be? My guess is SSD but I wouldn't know as I don't own one.

Solution
pnucqULtp

This small piece came with my Cooler Master Masterbox Pro 5 RGB. The manual is very unhelpful and doesn't say what it is called or what it is used for. Does anyone recognize what it could be? My guess is SSD but I wouldn't know as I don't own one.
Yes. There should be a slot on the side panel of the case in the back. That tab sticks through the slot in the side panel and, if locked, prevents entry to the case. It also allows the case to be physically tethered to an anchor to deter theft ot the entire unit.

kanewolf

Titan
pnucqULtp

Yes. There should be a slot on the side panel of the case in the back. That tab sticks through the slot in the side panel and, if locked, prevents entry to the case. It also allows the case to be physically tethered to an anchor to deter theft ot the entire unit.

Reactions: DDogscape
Solution
Jul 11, 2020
Ah I see. Thanks for the help guys.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, don't use that tab if you don't have to. Many times it's also tied to an intrusion alarm built into the motherboard, used by large companies with IT departments, that shuts the pc down until reset. It's to prevent the pc user from getting inside and messing with company property/settings, not authorized by management/IT.