Question Mystery Problem NEED HELP!

Oct 17, 2020
So the problem is the computer lags after a bit.... what seems to happen is when I have Chrome open for a bit and switch tabs, it starts a freeze and unfreeze about every 15 sec of so. Closing Chrome doesn't get rid of the lag after I close the app. Opened Task Manager and found under the Power Consumption Tab it was hitting VERY HIGH, along with SYSTEM and even the TASK MANAGER, basically it was bouncing all around and the CPU seemed to spike to almost 100% at one point. So.... did a fresh format thinking it was a software issue/ driver conflict etc.. After a bit the problem resurfaced! I got Chrome/Steam/Icue and that's about it. The problem goes away after I restart, doesn't seem to happen during gameplay. Been shuttting down background apps like nuts. Also notice monitor flickering sometimes... might be related? Been doing more poking around and now thinking PSU might be going downhill but its not that old.
I7 8700
GTX 1080
2 SSD
6 Corsair RGB Fans
4 RGB Light strips

650 watt PSU

Any ideads??

Oct 17, 2020
Restarting always seems to fix it, which would make me think its a software problem.... it happen eventually. Its almost like a cache is filling up some how... but that doesn't explain the power usage spikes.

Oct 17, 2020
So after shutting off a ton of back round apps, limiting runtime broker, and svchost and doing other various things to bring down the CPU and MEMORY usage, it seems to be getting better. Apps like STEAM and CHROME still say very high in POWER USAGE when i got those programs doing a ton of stuff, but i seem to not "bottom out and stall" anymore... for the most part. I ordered a new 850W power supply, maybe i was just redlining my PSU, I do run it 16ish hours a day. I dont know if i should be concered so much about the POWER USAGE reading, it just seemed that when one spiked they all did.

TRENDING THREADS