[SOLVED] Mystery Storage Issues - Apps and 'Features'?

fizzywhizzy

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2014
I’m using Windows 10 on a Dell XPS15 9560 which had a clean install a few months ago.
It has 462 GB storage but showing only 6 GB free due to 324GB storage used for ‘Apps and Features’.
There is minimal storage used for other things like Docs (71 GB) and Pics (10GB) due to the clean install most things were taken off.

I have deleted all the unnecessary Apps and have even manually calculated the App sizes and it only comes to around 12GB.
I have tried to see what the ‘Features’ are and where to find them as I’m guessing these must be the big files.
My computer keeps stopping me from doing things when I run out of space.
Prior to the clean install I had no problems at all with storage space. I need help either deleting these ‘Features’ or fixing this problem somehow. Thanks in advance for any advice 😊

I’m using Windows 10 on a Dell XPS15 9560 which had a clean install a few months ago.
It has 462 GB storage but showing only 6 GB free due to 324GB storage used for ‘Apps and Features’.
There is minimal storage used for other things like Docs (71 GB) and Pics (10GB) due to the clean install most things were taken off.

I have deleted all the unnecessary Apps and have even manually calculated the App sizes and it only comes to around 12GB.
I have tried to see what the ‘Features’ are and where to find them as I’m guessing these must be the big files.
My computer keeps stopping me from doing things when I run out of space.
Prior to the clean install I had no problems at all with storage space. I need help either deleting these ‘Features’ or fixing this problem somehow. Thanks in advance for any advice 😊
Run a pass of disk cleanup and don't forget to click that system files button.

fizzywhizzy

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2014
Hi Bob. I'd done the disk cleanup and that was futile. I've done every kind of obvious cleanup I can think of! I was hoping someone had something similar happen they had a simple answer for regarding the mystery 'Features' Windows has!? Thanks

Hi Bob. I'd done the disk cleanup and that was futile. I've done every kind of obvious cleanup I can think of! I was hoping someone had something similar happen they had a simple answer for regarding the mystery 'Features' Windows has!? Thanks
When you run disk cleanup there are some check boxes on the left to select what you want to clean.

When I run it on this machine all boxes are checked.

Apps+features.....When I look at that I see the installed apps and there size.
Are you saying if you add up all the installed sizes it comes out to 324GB?