Question mystic light + project 7 not connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2019
So I've just built my first PC all went well thankfully, bar one minor thing.
I've got the MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac which comes with mystic light, the case i bought was the aerocool quartz eclipse rbg case. It came with 4 120mm RGB fans theyre all working correctly even the colours apart from I can't change the RGB settings in mystic light. I've plugged the fan controller into the correct port jrainbow, however, its not recognising it at all. I've tried to download the project 7 software and that doesnt seem to find any hardware it ca connect to. I've put this down to the fact the reset sw is wired into the motherboard instead of the hub as the hub is then wired into the motherboard as theyre addressable RGB's. it could also be the fact that mystic light 3 doesnt support these addressable RGB. Now for the life of me I cannot find the name of the fan RGB system its using but it came with the case. hopefully someone has some answers or some form of answers XD It's not the end of the world but I'd rather full control over it but I can wait until i upgrade the case fans and radiators.

May 12, 2020
I solved mine, my case which is the Aerocool Aero Eclipse, came with an RGB hub, I didn't realise you had to have both the argb cable connected to the JRAINBOW socket and the reset switch from the case attached to the RGB hub, the reset button needs to be held down for 3 seconds and then the hub goes in to a mode that can be controlled by Mystic Light, glad I solved it.

Dec 16, 2020
I solved mine, my case which is the Aerocool Aero Eclipse, came with an RGB hub, I didn't realise you had to have both the argb cable connected to the JRAINBOW socket and the reset switch from the case attached to the RGB hub, the reset button needs to be held down for 3 seconds and then the hub goes in to a mode that can be controlled by Mystic Light, glad I solved it.

Big help, I have been trying to figure this one out! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.