[SOLVED] "N" Key on Keyboard Randomly Stops Working. Starts Working Again After PC Restart. Confused. Help!

Dec 30, 2018
I have possibly the weirdest issue ever. I consider myself to be pretty techy and I can't for the life of me figure this one out. My "N" button on my keyboard will sometimes not work upon booting up and subsequently will continue to not be responsive until I restart my PC. Restarting the PC fixes the issue until it resurfaces some time later. I say this happens about 2-3 times a month. What would be the issue if restarting the PC fixes it? Can't be hardware related. I've updated the Razer BlackWidow Drivers, downloaded the latest version of Razer Synapse, bought a brand new Razer BlackWidow, reformatted my PC twice. I'm stuck here. Any idea how to fix?

Granted this is not a pressing problem. It is solved for the most part with a 15 sec restart of my PC. It is more because of confusion and annoyance that I am reaching out for help.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Some testing to do:
* does the same issue appear with same KB but on another PC?
* does the same issue appear with different KB on same PC?

That would show if the issue is with KB or PC. But my best guess is that there's error within Razer drivers and they need to be restarted to fix this issue, hence why PC reboot fixes it.
I have similar issue with my Corsair peripherals. E.g at current moment, my Back and Forward buttons on my Sabre RGB mouse won't work. Since it happens rarely and the fix isn't difficult, i haven't contacted Corsair about it, at least not yet. After i finish and post this reply, i'll reboot my PC to fix it.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Some testing to do:
* does the same issue appear with same KB but on another PC?
* does the same issue appear with different KB on same PC?

That would show if the issue is with KB or PC. But my best guess is that there's error within Razer drivers and they need to be restarted to fix this issue, hence why PC reboot fixes it.
I have similar issue with my Corsair peripherals. E.g at current moment, my Back and Forward buttons on my Sabre RGB mouse won't work. Since it happens rarely and the fix isn't difficult, i haven't contacted Corsair about it, at least not yet. After i finish and post this reply, i'll reboot my PC to fix it.

Solution