Question n1996 Motherboard run for 10 seconds and shut the screen off

TheuTrich

Prominent
Oct 16, 2021
I have had hp compaq dx2300 microtower set of mainboard and case running windows xp for a year now. The problem is the CPU fan spins when turned on but after 10 seconds the monitor is turned off, leaving the fan to spin slowly. It uses the old BIOS, it has a light grey background, not the whole blue screen. I checked everything I could but it still did not work. Here is the unstable output from the internal graphic. I could buy another mainboard to work with but this has an internal speaker, which is unique. Can I still save it?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheuTrich

Prominent
Oct 16, 2021
Have you tried working with another display? It's very likely that the GPU on the board is failing. You can find replacement boards on Ebay though I'm not certain if it's worthwhile in investing on older tech/gear.
Thanks for replying. I really don't think it is a display problem because it came with the case and mainboard, I tested it works fine. If not that, I think it is from the mainboard itself, I can try replacing its capacitor because I see one of them is slightly convex.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS